Monday, November 1, 2010

They give Visas to 3-year-olds now?

Lately my 3.5-year old daughter asks many, many questions during bedtime stories. She wants to know all the why's and how's surrounding the illustrations and between the lines of the narrative. Sometimes the odd nature of her questions leaves me simultaneously baffled and impressed. 

Tonight we read "More Bugs in Boxes." It is a pop-up book, and admittedly not one of my personal favorites. On page 3: 

What kind of bug is in the shiny BLACK bandbox?
A SCARLET strawberry bug with a bunch of baby berry bugs.

I tried to suppress the rolling of my eyes when Madelyn caught my hand to prevent the page from turning. She asked why the baby bugs are under the mommy's wings. Before I could respond, she attempted to answer this query herself: "Is it because they are hiding from creditors?"

?? Cr--? Oh...

"Do you mean predators?" (Her favorite TV show is Dinosaur Train, so it's not a far leap to assume...)

"No, Mom. Creditors."

Riiiight. What else don't I know about you, Miss Madelyn?

4 comments:

Bridget said...

Hahahahaha. That is fantastic.

Jennifer said...

When I saw the title, I thought this post was going to be about traveling. :) Very funny!

Amber said...

Um, I was actually really confused by the title after reading the post - I had to read it at least twice more to realize that you were referring to visa credit cards, and not travel visas...I have no explanation for this.

Kristen said...

I apologize for the dumb title. It is the capital 'V' in 'Visas' that differentiates.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails