Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Nablopomo 2010 is underway

Alright, alright. It's National Blog Posting Month. What better motivation to resurrect this decaying, lifeless pile of html that was once known as Beyond Mommy?

I don't know if I can do it this time. But I'll be damned if I'm not going to try. Amber likens part of the challenge for us inconsistent bloggers to the mixed emotions surrounding the desire to connect with an old friend. For me, there is also an oppressive weight of breathing life into something dead. The law of inertia requires that great force be applied to resume this blog's former momentum, and it feels overwhelming.  My confidence that I will be unable to maintain that momentum for long also undermines my motivation. It is simply a matter of logistics. Only so many hours in a day, priorities, yada yada.

But enough with the pity party over here. How about a little life update, since it's been about five months since we've talked.

  • I am not pregnant.
  • I don't work at Plato's Closet any more. 
  • I am quite pleased with the state of affairs at Curves. 
  • I have been reading quite a bit (instead of blogging--something has to give!) and hope you'll check out my goodreads shelf. 
  • I celebrated my first of many 29th birthdays in August. 
  • My family is healthy and happy.
Okay. Time to get back to work. I hope I can come up with something more delightfully interesting for tomorrow! 

1 comment:

Amber said...

Oh I'm so happy to see your blog move to the top of my blogroll! I've missed reading your blog, and I'm excited to NaBloPoMo it together again this year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails