Saturday, September 20, 2008

Six of my favorite material possessions

In no particular order...

1. Marquis Spa hot tub

  • incredible neck jets

  • sunken in our second-story deck

  • amazing after a night run

  • perfect for star-gazing

  • wonderful in rain and snow

2. Digital camera

  • the one I recently bought is not as excellent as I'd hoped

  • but in general, the digital camera as an invention, is supreme

  • love to take lots and lots of pictures, with no regard for wasting film

  • that's the only way to end up with a couple of good shots

  • fits in my pocket; I hate carrying extraneous bags

3. Crock Pot

  • cook anything while you work, sleep, run errands

  • it's like a personal chef for a one-time cost of $40

4. Laptop

  • let us just say that I spend many, many hours with this contraption

5. Samsung slider cell phone

  • also a necessity for both work and personal life, rarely out of my vicinity

  • this is the coolest phone design I've ever owned, and I'll demand a slide-up cell phone forever after

6. Baldwin upright piano

  • this is the instrument on which I learned to play and grew up practicing my scales and arpeggios

  • now I enjoy my own little karaoke sessions to the scores of Rent, Les Mis, and Miss Saigon

What are some of YOUR favorite things?

2 comments:

Mikael said...

give me some crock pot recipes! I always find the recipes I know of are all soups, and I get sick of those.
I love my treadmill, my computer, my tv, and my "quiet time"

Kristen said...

No fair, Mikael. "Quiet Time" is not a material possession.

Pretty much anything you would normally roast in an oven works in a crockpot, and it's pretty forgiving. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6 hours. I got a great book as a wedding gift called "Fix it and Forget-It: Feasting with your Slow Cooker." Check it out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails