Saturday, August 23, 2008

More than a mom

The time has come for me to start my very own blog. I've been writing a blog for my daughter since she was born, a 20 months that seems to have both flown by while at the same time lasted as long as I can remember. The thing is, I often find myself thinking of creative blog posts which have no place within the journal of my toddler's world. I am so much more than just a mommy, and this other ME wants to express herself in cyberspace too. The title of my blog is in no way intended to diminish my role as a mother, which is the greatest source of joy in my life. I simply want a forum to express any clever thoughts I might come up with that aren't necessarily directly related to Madelyn's daily experiences, which is all I post about on the blog about her. Currently, I barely have enough time to maintain that blog, so the posts are usually a week or more behind real time. This has been a deterrent to me starting a grown-up blog of my own, but I foresee relief of some of my major time commitments in the near future. I'm not at liberty to divulge the cause at this time, but soon, my pretties, all will become crystal clear. Of course, my nature will lead me to fill any and all "free time" with new projects and tasks and activities, but I choose blogging to be one of them. And this impending change opens up options for me to decide what I want to do with the next chapter of my life, a great reason to start blogging about my various "wannabes." So welcome to "Beyond Mommy": a collection of my random musings, minimally restrained opinions, and at least somewhat funny tidbits of my life.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails