Wednesday, December 9, 2009

You're getting warmer...

While leaders of the global warming pack arrive in Copenhagen by way of 140 private jets and 1200 limousines, some of us are freezing our butts off.

In Portland this morning, a 37-year-old low temperature record was broken when the mercury dropped to a chilly twelve degrees.  I can't go outside without a hat and gloves.  It warmed up to 25 degrees during my run yesterday, and I have to say the feeling of my legs being warm on the inside and numb on the outside was uncomfortably eerie.

In a city where snowfall is rare, flurries on Friday set a new record for early snowfall in Houston.  The previous record for early snow on December 10 was set in 1944 and matched last year.

Baby, it's cold outside. So as long as Climategate's carbon footprint doesn't tip the scales, I think the (thriving) polar bears are going to be okay.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Wait, your post left me with a few questions...I couldn't quite tell, are you skeptical of global warming?

Ha ha. Yes, it IS cold here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails